Saturday, October 15, 2016

Pumpkin Patch

Get into the Halloween Spirit... With the "Pumpkin Patch" Activity. 


I found the following pumpkin by doing a google search for reusable pumpkin images. 


Next, I wrote problems from our current unit on the pumpkins. I made 31 pumpkins with different math problems on each because that is my largest class.  



Then, I cut them out, hole punched them, and tied a string through the hole long enough to fit over the head of a student in class and hang as a necklace. 

On Monday, students will choose one to wear and put on like a necklace. They will solve their problem first. (The answer to their problem is on the back of the pumpkin so they can check it! Next, they will partner with another student in the room and solve each other's problems. They will check each other's work. Then partner up with someone new and repeat the process.



Want more activities like this?  Join our mailing list!








No comments:

Post a Comment